To go or not to go

Again...I have to go through that particular 'butterfly in the stomach' experience. I know the day would come someday...somewhere in 2013 but I never thought it will be now...as today. I hit the sent button on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I received that phone call. And today afternoon, I was in their office appearing for first round interview. The second round would be someday next week if I get through the first screening.

Why am I doing this so early? I have another 2 1/2 year to go to enjoy this luxury salary. Well, when luxury does not make any sense, work satisfaction does. And unfortunately vice versa. We cannot get both of them. Why? Thousands of times I have been asking this particular question. Why can't a hefty salary be coupled with a job satisfaction? Why can't I enjoy both? This is life...you can't get everything you want in a single breath. You have to win some and lose some. Unfortunately, I stubbornly won't accept the fact. I believe there are big money plus job satisfaction.

In order to analyze my feeling towards this sudden action, I will ask myself several questions. I will do this from time to time whenever I attend any interview from now on.

List down the reason (s) for job searching:
1. middle of the contract
2. seriously and honestly, no major task available
3. still want to find the 'dream job'
4. unfulfilled job satisfaction, want to do more but the opportunity isn't available

Define 'dream job' and job satisfaction:
A job that offers satisfaction both in salary and duties; offer opportunities for career expansion; able to gather new experiences; able to challenge the 'sleeping' mind. I think, at the moment my true capabilities has not been tried or challenged. Not that I'm feeling cocky or anything, it's just that I want to be challenged to see whether I'm up to it or not. The sky is the limit.

Willingness to accept lower salary but with fulfilling job satisfaction:
I have to be realistic. Dollar and cents do make much sense in this current economic situation. However, I might--some people will call it unwise--accept the job even though they're offering lower pay than I have now. Does it make sense just to satisfy one own needs on career rather than thinking of how to survive? This is my dilemma.

Provide analysis of your previous working experiences:

1. MSB
I hate doing sales. But surprisingly, I've performed very well by breaking the sales target 3 months in a row. The setback, I don't get to see the sun very much (if I don't have an appointment outside). Meaning: too hectic for breakfast and lunch. Come to work early in the morning and went home when most people already asleep. Not a good environment to start a family. That's why I left even though I really fond of the challenges.

2. Institute XXX
My mom do all the application. I only attend the interview, with her accompanying me including my children...hahaha. It's a whole new thing for me. I have to start from ground zero. But I work very hard, from zero to hero. I'm glad to take up the challenge even though half of my mind is sleeping already. After 5 years, I've decided to call it off and find another challenge. I could not go anywhere. There's no career expansion for me. Although I have plenty of time for myself--to do whatever I like freely, I have too many past time--I just could not take the 'guilt' anymore.

3. Academy XXX
Salary...very stingy. Only tiny raise compare to my last employment. But...behold because here lie all the challenges in the world that I've been longing for. I really enjoy working here despite the gossiper grapevines. However, when I got pregnant--of course it's too early, but I have to follow my biological clock. I have deadlines you know--the stressed started to pouring in especially when your DG could not understand or do not want to understand the emotional turbulence a pregnant lady is facing. At that chaotic time, a job offer by a friend-soon-to-be my employer came to the rescue. Without a second thought, I left the dream job. This time around, dollar and cents make a lot of sense since they're offering a lot of money.

4. Foundation XXX
Hefty salary, a dream pay anyone could ever want. Again 'guilt' struck me for the second time since the day when I was in the institute. Hefty money no job. For some people, it's heaven. Yeah..sort of but sooner or later, you feel empty inside. This time around, dollar and cents do not seem to make sense. Weird....I've tried to understand but failed. My heart cannot be satisfied this time. I wish I have both. How greedy....

If it's not IPSB, it will be someplace else.

Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

Kena cabut ke?

Sambal hangit

Resepi Bihun Goreng Simple Tapi Sedap