ANGKASAWAN 2007

Kelana asked me to write something about this historical event since I was there at KLCC (not Baikonur Cosmodrome eh) during the launching ceremony. I was there to learn and watch how the event was carried out. Although I was there as an observer, I've ditched the 'title' soon after the PM arrived and joined the crowd as guest...eheheheh.

I sat in the middle of students' table. So, it's quite happening hearing them cheering when the Soyuz lift off the earth. My feeling...well it's a mixture of excitement and anxiousness. The unfortunate event of Challenger explosion years ago clouded my mind. I think whoever still remember the event, would probably have thought the same. The crowd was cheering loud and deafening when the space shuttle left earth ground. I don't think that was a wise idea. Yes, we can cheer but keep it to a minimum. We should say our prayer and hope that everything will be okay. And thank Allah that everything went okay that night.

When the camera focused on Dr SMS's face, he looked so scared. I think he froze for a while. Well, who doesn't? I froze when on board a plane, especially during takeoff and landing. I hate flying. Even though the new Superman said, it is safe to fly statistically, I don't think so.

After a successful launch, the ceremony at home and Baikonur continued. Our PM and MOSTI's minister was having chit-chat through video conferencing. Before the launch, an American astronaut (forgot his name. You can read on the paper...hahaha) gave his side of the story about the journey to the stars. Exciting!

I went back very late around 11 pm that night. Overall...it was okay. Even though, there was a bunch of Muslim guys sat behind my table who did not even lift their butts to perform Maghrib, Isyak and Terawikh solah. Hmm...I have come to the other side of the corporate world which I sadly think very different from the world I have been for the past 5 years. Then, I have become the alien myself on my home planet.

Ulasan

  1. Aiyoo... muslims failing to perform their solah is sadly NOT sumthin new maa... especially in this home country... and the crowd cheering rather than citing prayers? It's Malaysia. To know Malaysia is to love Malaysia.

    And Superman can say what he said because he doesn't need any aircraft to fly. If he's in one that is about to explode or fll to the gorund, he wouldn't get a scratch! Ekekekekkekekek...

    BalasPadam

Catat Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

Kena cabut ke?

Sambal hangit

Resepi Bihun Goreng Simple Tapi Sedap