I am Legend


End of last year, I went for an interview at some college in Negeri Sembilan. The post was for a lecturer. I was told to prepare 10 minutes mock teaching on any subject in management. So I choose the 4 functions of management. Very straightforward and easy to understand. I thought I was prepared. But when I walk into the doors, it was beyond my expectation. Before the mock-up, I was told to imagine teaching a second-year degree student. So I did was I was told. But then, one of the interviewees interrupted me and asking for a case study to be compared with the theory. What the heck? Am I supposed to teach degree students or masters students?

Not only that, they kept on comparing our local universities, especially the public universities to the UK's. Saying that our own public universities were not to the UK standards, in academic achievement and academic excellence. I don't know what to say. I'm not the one who should be judging that.

I thought I flop the interview because it was horrible. I can see it on their faces...hahaha. I gave answers for the sake of answering their questions only because it was darn hard. The hardest I have ever been in a job interview. But yesterday, they called me for a second interview with their ED. I was told it was just a chat. Chat? With an ED? I will flop big this time....hahaha. I want to decline the offer. However, few of my friends were urging me to go and see what are their offers. So I will go and see whether I sink or swim.

P/S: The entry title is the clue of the place.

Ulasan

  1. regretfully I have decline the 2nd interview. If I had known better, I would gladly accepted it. Skrg dah menyesal tak sudah

    BalasPadam

Catat Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

Kena cabut ke?

Sambal hangit

Resepi Bihun Goreng Simple Tapi Sedap